Hi there!, today I have for you this Halloween Haunted House Lantern , I like this craft because I can use it in two ways: as a lantern to decorate any spot in your house or party, and as a candy box to give candies to the children; It is simple and unexpensive to make, and very appropriate for this occasion.
Halloween Haunted House Lantern
Supplies to make this Halloween Haunted House Lantern :
- Cardstock (black).
- Silhouette Cameo machine or printer, scissors and cutter.
- Bone Folder.
- Halloween_Haunted_House_Lantern_Template. You can also get the bundle for a complete decoration in the following link Halloween SVG bundle (being a friend of my blog you can use this discount coupon LACBHH15 )
- LED tealight candle.
To start, download the template :
- If you have Silhouette Cameo Machine, you can use DXF file (silhouette studio standard version) or SVG file (silhouette studio upgrade version).
- If you have Cricut Machine, you can use SVG file.
- If you do not have Silhouette Cameo Machine, use PDF print it and cut it
Once you have cut the template you must have two pieces like these:
Take the the ruler and the bone folder, then fold between each side of the Halloween Haunted House Lantern, as the photos show
Do not forget to fold the tab where you will close the lantern
Repeat this step with the lower tabs of the lantern as the photos show
After folding each side you must have a piece like this
Place a little bit of glue on the tab as shown in the photo and glue it
You must have a piece like this
Place a little bit of glue on the lower tabs of the lantern and glue them
Now you have the main part of your lantern ready.
Take the Halloween Haunted House Lantern’s roof piece and with the ruler and bone folder help, fold between each side
Do not forget the tab
After folding each side you must have a piece like the following
Put some glue on the tab as the photo shows and glue it
Now you have ready the roof of your Halloween Haunted House Lantern.
Your two pieces should look like the following
This last step I leave it to your choose, if you want, you can add a little bit of glue on the upper edges of the house and then place the roof (this option is the best if you are going to use the lantern as candy box); or you can just place the roof without gluing it to make it easier to place the LED tealight candle (to use it as Halloween Haunted House Lantern ).
Finally, place the LED inside the Halloween Haunted House Lantern
I love how my Halloween Haunted House Lantern looks
And what about as candy box
And why not, like both ?
I hope this craft helps to decorate your Halloween night, or as inspiration for another craft project.
Look how good this decoration looks for a candy table on Halloween, in the following link Halloween SVG Bundle you can purchase the bundle and surprise your little ones this Halloween!!
- This bundle contains 7 cut files in 3 formats each one (SVG file, dxf file, pdf file).
- It is an instant download.
- These are a do-it-yourself haunted house paper lantern, coffin treat box, tombstone treat box, spooky candy holder, bats cupcake liners, spooky tree, and fence to decorate your candy table for Halloween.
- You can use the files in your cutting machine (Silhouette Cameo, Cricut) or print the pdf file and cut manually.
If you liked this craft project, you might like these too: