Hi there! Día de Los Muertos is almost here, a date that some countries celebrate in a special way remembering those relatives who have died, but who left love traces. As you know, I like to make stuff to decorate parties, so today I have for you a Themed Party Coco Candy Box, that can be used to decorate the candy table. I felt identified with this film because it shows in a special way the meaning of this celebration, and how important it is not to forget our own, just because they are not physically, today I live very far from my family, and I would like my children have memories of all of them who they knew physically and of those who did not too. I’m sure this beauty Coco Candy Box, that is easy to make, will look very cute in the decoration and will like everyone.
Coco Candy Box
How to make this Coco Candy Box?
- Cardstock (white, black, yellow, pink, light blue).
- Silhouette Cameo Machine or Printer, scissors and cutter.
- Bone Folder.
- Coco_Candy_Box digital files.
To start you must download the following files:
- If you have silhouette cameo machine, download this file COCOCANDYBOXSTUDIO, and cut the pieces in their corresponding color.
- If you do not have silhouette cameo machine, download this file COCOCANDYBOXPDF, print it and cut it.
Once you had finished the previous step you must have these pieces
How to assemble the Coco Candy Box?
Take the white piece and with the ruler and bone folder help, fold as shown in the picture
Repeat the previous step with the sides of the Coco Candy Box
You must have a piece similar to this
Now fold the tabs by the stitched line
Your piece should be like this
Put a some glue on each tab and glue it to the Coco candy box’s faces
You must have a box like this
It’s time to decorate the Coco Candy Box
Take the black and yellow oval pieces and glue the black ones over the yellow ones as shown in the photo
Now put all the pieces on the box, as the photo shows . I do this before glue them to the box to know where each one goes
Now carefully glue each piece to the box; at the end you will have ready your Coco Candy Box; that’s how mine looks
How can I modify my Coco Candy Box?
Actually you can decorate them as you want, these skulls of the Día de los Muertos are very different; Here are some ideas:
- You can put flowers on the top. In this link Small, Easy & Fast Paper Flower, I leave some very easy to make.
- Use cardboard of different colors for the box.
- Put some auto adhesive beads.
- You can decorate them with markers, inspiring you in the designs they use for that celebration. Here I leave a link Día de los Muertos Skull JPG.
Well as you will see this Theme Party Coco Candy Box is very nice and you can modify it as you like. I made others, here I show them
I hope you liked this Themed Party Coco Candy Box and can be an inspiration to decorate your party.
If you like this project, you might also like these too: