St. Patrick’s is celebrated every March 17th , which commemorates the heritage and culture of the Irish people in general. This celebration has its symbols that characterize it as the shamrock (which carried St. Patrick) and the Leprechaun , which is an Irish mythical figure that dresses green and hides a pot of gold; For some people, catching one of them is a symbol of good luck. On this occasion, I have for you a DIY St. Patrick’s Day Favor Box , which will delight the little ones in the house, or you can use it to decorate the candy table in this celebration.
Pot of Gold St. Patrick’s Day Favor Box
To make this St. Patrick’s Day Favor Box you will need to:
- Cardstock (black, green, gold or yellow)
- Pot of Gold Favor Box patterns (download here)
- Silhouette Cameo machine or Scissors
- Printer (optional, if you don´t have Silhouette Cameo )
- If you have Silhouette Cameo, download the following files (St. Patrick’s Day Favor Box Large ; St. Patrick’s Day Favor Box Small), cut them, the Pot of Gold on black cardboard (there are two files, one with a large Pot of Gold that occupies all the letter size cardboard , and a second file with 2 favor small boxes), the letters LUCKY on yellow or gold cardboard (they are also in two sizes according to the Pot of Gold that you are going to use), and the shamrocks in green cardboard (there are two sizes).
- If you do not have Silhouette Cameo, you can also make this St. Patrick’s Day Favor Box , download these files (St. Patrick’s Day Favor Box Large print ; St. Patrick’s Day Favor Box Small print), you have 2 different sizes, print the one you want to make and cut the pieces.
Once you have all the pieces cut, fold the Pot of Gold’s edges as the figure shows
Put glue on each tab and join the faces of the favor box
Now decorate it with letters and shamrocks. I did it like that, I folded each sheet of the shamrock in half to give it a 3D appearance, then I glue it into the Pot of Gold next to the letters LUCKY.
You can decorate it as you like, once ready, you fill them with golden candies (simulating gold), I put Hershey ‘s Kisses can be Hershey ‘s Nuggets but ideally are gold coins.
I made both sizes and they looked like this:
I am sure that children and even the biggest ones will enjoy this St. Patrick’s Day Favor Box .
I hope this DIY St. Patrick’s Day Favor Box will be useful and will serve as inspiration for your projects.
If you want to see another fun St. Patrick’s Day Favor Box, check out my friend Cami from The Crafting Nook for another gorgeous idea!
If you like it, you may be interested in these too